Carebot at NICAR 2016
Want to talk about meaningful metrics for journalism?
On Friday, March 11 Matt will facilitate a discussion under the conversations track on this very topic! Bring your ideas and good manners to explore things like:
- What’s success in journalism? From the perspective of the end user, the journalist, the news organization, the industry. Are these very different definitions? Are they hard/easy to assess?
- Is every piece of journalism comparable to another piece of journalism? Are there metrics used to determine success/performance for a piece of journalism applicable to all formats of storytelling?
- What metrics are you using today and what do they tell you?
- What are things you want to know but have no answers to because there are no ways to measures the answer?
- What metrics (measures and indicators) are used in your work setting; which ones make sense and why, and how some can be inappropriate/misleading.
- What tools/sources do you use to access metrics? How do they fit with your workflow?
Written on March 10, 2016